[Artemisia] Office titles

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Thu Apr 9 12:08:56 CDT 2009

Greetings!

To change threads slightly, I mentioned that 'Vox <anything>' was not
really good. Here is the return from 1998 when Artemisia tried to
register 'Vox Grypis Herald':

Begin Copy:

Artemisia, Kingdom of. Title for Vox Grypis Herald.

This is being returned for non period style. In a similar case, Master
Da'ud as Laurel said:

[returning Vox Draconis Pursuivant] The previous version, Dragon's Voice
Pursuivant, was returned 3/95 for failure to emulate period models as
required by RfS III.2.b.iii; translation into Latin doesn't bring it any
closer. It was suggested that it might derive from a motto Vox draconis
sum `I am the voice of the dragon', but the period examples noted all
comprise the entire motto, and no evidence was presented that Vox
draconis sum is a reasonable imitation of a period motto. (Caid, Kingdom
of, 10/95 p. 18)

End Copy.

This precedent has been upheld several times since then, and the Kingdom
of An Tir recently released their early registration of 'Vox Leonis'
because it is non-period style.

Please, let us use what is registered to Artemisia!

Thanks, this has been a public service announcement.

Baroness Shauna of Carrick Point
Golden Crown emeritus (among many other titles)

Barring documentation that this follows period exemplar of heraldic
titles, it must be returned.