[Artemisia] Kingdom Chirurgeon

K M arrowyn at bresnan.net
Sat Apr 11 05:48:17 CDT 2009

Greetings, Your Excellency!

It was a pleasure to see you and your Lady wife once again last weekend, and
pursuant to our conversation, here is my letter of intent regarding your
consideration for the position of (your) Deputy Kingdom Chirurgeon.  My
resume, as it were, is as follows:

Texas Women's University
Houston, TX
1975-1978, RN program
Affiliated with Methodist Hospital

St. Anthony's Hospital/Reed Ambulance
Denver, CO
1985-1992
Neuro-Trauma Unit, EMT Certification
(some) Life-Flight experience, FCC Licensed Radio Dispatch
EMT I and II Certification 1987
EMT I and II Certification, 1993-1995, State of Vermont

State of Montana
Re-Certified Medication Technician
Exp. 2-27-2010

State of Montana American Red Cross
Re-Certified CPR
Exp. 6-25-2009

State of Montana American Red Cross
Re-Certified Standard First Aid
Exp. 6-25-2011

State of Montana
Re-Certified Nurse's Aide
Cert. #320951
Exp. 11-15-2010

Several years of employment as Med Tech/CNA at facilities throughout Montana
(while working for a nursing agency) and a number of local hospitals and
nursing homes.

In addition, I have a "jump kit" comparable to any Paramedic ambulance, with a
few obvious exceptions (D5-W IV setup, cardiac, narcotics, etc).  On my
travels on the roads of Montana, I have been First Responder to a number of
fatal roll-over accidents (1 of which was assisted by HL Albion on the way
home from Uprising a couple of years ago and involved multiple fatalities, the
most recent on the way to Crystal Crags just a year ago).

I am certified to administer not only Basic First Aid, but Extended Treatment
as well, such as stabilization for trauma or shock; initial treatment of
fractures, strains and sprains; and knowledge of and extensive experience with
triage.

In addition, if there is a need for large banners, site banner, or badges, I
would be more than happy to make them and have them available for other
officers, and the office itself.  I feel that one of my capabilities is to
rapidly assess a situation and facilitate a rapid and positive outcome, but my
chief talent lies in the ability to reassure and calm any victim.

I am relatively organized, and my experience in other offices within the SCA
has demonstrated a willingness to teach as well as to learn, and to provide
regular and timely reports.  I have also given unofficial basic first aid
classes within the SCA.

Please consider this application for the position of Deputy Kingdom
Chirurgeon, and know of course, at ANY time, all supplies or assistance I can
render in any capacity are yours.

Yours in Service,
To Crown and Kingdom

Duchess Arrowyn
mka/Kay Moore

PS - if you will give me a FAX # or snail mail address, I'll forward copies of
my Certification Cards, etc.