[Artemisia] Combined Collegium Thanks

Sean Oppenheimer sean_oppenheimer at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:55:53 CDT 2009

I would like to offer my extreme gratitude to the people of Artemisia for making the Combined Collegium such a huge success this past weekend.  It is absolutely wonderful to see so many people sharing the knowledge of Medieval arts, sciences and the marshall practices of our Society.

In particular, I would like to say a big fat THANK YOU to a number of people who put in a great deal of work to help make this event run smoothly.

Baron Sir Thorvald and Lord Arthen who organized the fighting and archery tracks.

Lady Onora and Lady Aurora for their scheduling of the Youth Track.

Lady Sofi the Crabby (an oxymoron if ever there was one) for maintaining the event web site.

HL Tamar and HL Jamuhka for their clever design and implementation of the walls for the class rooms.

Lady Flora and Lord Agrhen for their tremendous efforts to provide lunch.  They kept saying that the just love doing that kind of work.  But, they need to know that I appreciate it no matter how much they love doing it.

Our guest instructors, Don Christian de Launey and Dr. Patricia Lambert.  Both of these fine people brought a great deal of really good information to our populace.

And saving my biggest thanks for last, the classes simply would not have happened without the efforts of Dame Ellisif Sleggja.  Her organization skills were certainly put to the test with the scheduling of all the classes and she delivered in a big, big way.  If I would have had to do all that, the schedule would have been a disaster.

My thanks as well to all who attended, whether to teach or to learn.

Sean
Combined Collegium Event Steward