[Artemisia] BOTE/Uprising Website Unavailable

Conchobhar mac Michil connor.mac.michil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 00:21:15 CDT 2009

Lords, Ladies, Good Gentles all (and Baron Morgan Blaidd du...)

I am about to do an upgrade on the Barony of One Thousand Eyes website
server.  This upgrade *should* only take about 30 minutes, but can take
up to 72 hours.

<technobabble>
I am upgrading the hosting on GoDaddy from IIS 6 to IIS 7 to give access
to some features that I do not currently have including Silverlight and
PHP 5.  The process involves GoDaddy actually moving the entire website
and all its files and databases to a new physical server (or, virtual
physical server in this case).
</technobabble>

During this time neither www.barony1000eyes.org or
uprising.barony1000eyes.org (which is where uprisingwar.org currently
redirects to) will be accessible.  I do not need to be told that the
website is down (but Morgan will anyway).  It will be back up and
running as soon as possible.  Please be patient, hopefully it will be
back up before most of you even read this.

Also, during this time the @barony1000eyes.org email addresses *may* not
work.  This probably is not much of a problem, as most people would only
use those by clicking on the links on the website (which, as stated,
will be unavailable).

Conchobhar, web guy of 1000 Eyes, trying to break things when normal
people should be sleeping ... if only we had normal people in the SCA... :)