[Artemisia] Youth Combat, regarding Nerf N-Force Swords

rayzentz at aim.com rayzentz at aim.com
Thu Apr 16 16:25:36 CDT 2009

Greetings, Excellency,

I appreciate your attempt to provide correction to what I said. However, I thought I was pretty clear. I said "Do not bring them to SCA events."? I also said, "If children are wielding these swords at SCA events, they WILL be confiscated..." I meant nothing else but what I said.

You are, of course, correct in what you said. If they bring these swords to a fighting field, the swords will indeed be confiscated, and can be picked up by parents later

The reason for not bringing them to events at all is the removal of temptation. If the swords are not AT an event, kids can't USE them at an event. Thus, no need to confiscate them.

You are free to use them at home, of course. Unless your home is the site of an official SCA event. Then, leave them in the closet.

It's a safety issue.

Lord Padruig McTavish
Kingdom Youth Combat Marshal