[Artemisia] A Few Reminders......

Kingdom of Artemisia Sage Advice Newsletter koasageadvice at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 13:34:26 CDT 2009

Good Afternoon and a Beautiful Spring Day to Everyone!!!

I would just like to take a few moments to remind everyone of a few things.

1.  I am always looking to spice up the Sage Advice and one way I can
do that is for the Event Stewards to send me a piece of clipart or
photo to go along with their Event Announcements.

2.  I have been approached on more than one occasion about printing
"post event announcements"  for those who are unable to attend your
event.  This might be a great way to let people know about the
wonderful things they missed so they can make an extra attempt to be
there in the future.  SO...I'm challenging all Event Stewards to
submit to me a short synopsis of how your event went.

3.  Event Registration Forms:  Everyone has been doing much better at
getting the "signed" Event Registration forms sent in.  If you can't
remember if you have sent yours in, just look in the Sage Advice next
to your announcement.  If you see a star (*) then I have received your
form.  If you do not see a (*), get it in ASAP.  Your event will be
considered "unofficial" if it has not been received.

3.  This is an especially important reminder to Seneschals &
Chroniclers.  If there are ANY changes AT ALL to your Chronicler
Office, I NEED TO KNOW.  I need copies of all Warrants...Resignation
Letters....anything that pertains to the Chronicler Office.

4.  The William Blackfox Awards are due very soon.  If anyone would
like to nominate your chronicler for the award, please send me an
email with the name of the newsletter and the piece that is to be
recognized.  See below for the requirements.

What efforts are recognized?

Best Overall Newsletter – this does not necessarily mean the
best-looking newsletter, but rather the newsletter which best meets
the needs of the local group or guild for which it is published. It
should accurately reflect the status of the group and be a valuable
tool for growth and promotion of the SCA goals and ideals. This title
is awarded to the newsletter and the Chronicler.

Best Layout and Design – for the best looking newsletter in balance
and style. Awarded to the newsletter and the Chronicler.

Best Artwork – for artwork on cover or interior of the newsletter.
Awarded to the newsletter and the artist.

Best Special Edition – for Arts & Sciences issues, or other
limited-focus issues of a geographic group (Canton, Shire, Barony,
etc.). Awarded to the newsletter and the Chronicler.

Best Special Interest Newsletter – this category recognizes guild
newsletters, research newsletters, and Arts & Science focus
newsletters (such as lace-making). Awarded to the newsletter and the
Chronicler.

Best Regular Feature – for those cartoons, articles, columns, etc.
which appear regularly in the particular newsletter. Awarded to the
creator or feature writer and the newsletter.

Best Article – recognizes excellence in articles appearing in a local
newsletter. Awarded to the writer and the newsletter.

Best Poetry or Short Fiction – recognizes the author of an outstanding
poem or piece of short fiction. Awarded to the writer and the
newsletter.

Most Improved – recognizes the chronicler whose work is the most
improved from the pervious year.  Awarded to the chronicler.

Thank you for taking your time to read my words.

YIS
Teresa de Cadiz

--
Kingdom of Artemisia Chronicler