[Artemisia] Lysts at Castleton in Austin, TX

Yaasamiin Yaasamiina at rmci.net
Tue Apr 28 14:26:24 CDT 2009

Photos posted by Katharyan from this last weekend. What a fabulous event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckenna35/collections/72157617386678204/

 From the Ansteorran eq. elist
Eule and All,

Special guest indeed. I felt very well taken care of; and how wonderful
it was to meet everyone I've only read about. Castleton is THE most
fabulous site I've ever visited for an SCA event. The play was superbly
done and the staging made me feel like I was a part of the scene instead
being of a spectator. The tavern was a blast, the feast scrumptious and
the Pas was THE most spectacular reenactment I've ever witnessed. At
every pause for breath it seemed someone had then turned the page in the
Barber & Barker book Tournaments, and there we were again living yet
another page of history. What an event. Oh, and I can't forget the
darling gypsy wagon I was privy to bed down in.

What a weekend. I'm still floating... thanks.

Yaasamiina
(((*)))

Alexis kind of mentioned it in passing, but I wanted to post a quote
from a special guest (who actually lurks on this list, btw) who will be
attending Lysts for the first time this weekend.

She said:
"I'm stoked! It is definently THE premiere Pas in the known world."

Thanks to some kind convincing (and likely a margarita or two) from
Alexis, Yaasamina, the Society Equestrian Marshall will not only be
coming to the event but will also be competing on Sat.

High praise indeed!

Eule/Steve
Unus sed Leo