[Artemisia] Kingdom A&S entrants

Higgins, Elaine Elaine.Higgins at mso.umt.edu
Wed Apr 29 10:13:33 CDT 2009

I strongly agree with Baroness Giliana that to prepare to compete for
the Kingdom Championship in the Arts and Sciences requires more than one
year.  I know that for myself, working full time and with other
obligations, it simply isn't possible to do the necessary research,
prepare the entry -- and probably make at least several of whatever it
is until you are confident you have got it right and are also satisfied
with the results --, and maybe do this for each of several parts if your
entry is a complicated one, write the documentation (which is easiest,
really it is, if done as you go along), then collect what is needed to
properly display your entry.  And that's one entry.  For Champion, you
need a minimum of 5 of these, or more if you want to up your chances or
wow the judges and the populace.  So that is a huge time, intellectual,
and probably financial commitment.  So no, it isn't realistic to expect
our best artisans to do this every year.  (Off my soapbox now.)
	Iduna Snorradottir
	Sentinels' Keep -- and 3-time local A&S Champion plus I've
entered often at Kingdom level and elsewhere.

Elaine Higgins
Coordinator of Cataloging
Mansfield Library
The University of Montana