[Artemisia] Midge Marsh Melee

Arthen ap Rhun arthen_ap_rhun at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 17:32:16 CDT 2009

Everyone,

Just a reminder to everyone that Midge Marsh Melee
(http://www.gryphonslair.org/midgemarsh09.htm ) is coming up this weekend.
The site opens at 12:00 Noon on Friday, August 7th and closes on Sunday
August 9th at 12:00 Noon. There is going to be a very busy schedule on
Saturday starting at 9:00 AM for Archery and Thrown Weapons (Thrown Weapons
will run throughout the day) then ending with the Baronial Bardic
Championship. I have included a schedule for Saturday below.

A couple of notes that are not on the website.  Pets are allowed as long as
they are on leashes and have responsible owners. Remember this site is
directly next to the freeway with a very busy RR track just on the other
side of that. Small children are also allowed (sans the leashes) but have to
have responsible parents. Please adhere to all rules pertaining to fires at
this site and keep safety in mind at all times. We are spraying for
mosquitoes on Thursday night but please bring plenty of bug repellent for
your own use.

Finally, bring plenty of Sun Screen as there is not a lot of shade on
portions of this site.

If you have any questions please contact me off the list.

Arthen

Saturday Schedule

9:00 AM

Archery Tournament begins (3D Wood Shoot)

9:00 AM

Thrown Weapons

10:30 AM to 11:30 AM

Baronial Rapier Champion Tournament

12:00 PM

Opening Court

1:00 PM

Arts & Sciences Display setup immediately after court

1:30 PM

Baronial Candidate Meet & Greet

1:30 PM

Arts & Sciences Display

2:00 PM

Rapier woods melees

2:00 PM

Open Archery Shooting (Depending on Marshal Availability)

3:00 PM to 4:00 PM

Baronial Armored Champion Tournament

4:00 PM

Armored woods melees