[Artemisia] service animals

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 14:33:05 CDT 2009

My personal thought on the matter of service animals is this- any animal that is identified by it's owner as a service animal should be allowed in, **as long as it is properly leashed/controlled and cleaned up after**, whether they have the "correct identification" or not.  It comes down to this; either it really is a service animal, in which case we have to let it in, or the person is so desperate to have fluffy with them that they are lying to get fluffy in, in which case we either have to accuse them of lying and tell them to leave, or err on the side of kindness and generosity and let them in.  Unless the site owner has a major problem with it, I say we assume that our Cousins are honest until proven otherwise.

Of course, if they're letting the dog run loose, it isn't much of a service dog, is it (can't warn of an oncoming seizure if he isn't near his owner).

Morgan

Baron Morgan Blaidd Du,
GHA(2), CQC, PCA, CCH;

Protege and Ghillie to Baron Master James Ulrich MacKellar, OL OP;
and Baroness Mistress Rachel Ashton, OP