[Artemisia] Gryphon's Prize Tourney at Coronation

Sean Oppenheimer sean_oppenheimer at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:16:59 CDT 2009

Good greetings to all glorious Artemisia, from Sean and Nisa Crown Princes and Princess of these great lands.

On the 5th day of September, the day of our Coronation, we will host the Gryphon's Prize Tournament following the Sable Rose tournament. The Gryphon's Prize tourney is open to all combatants of heavy weapons combat. The list will be open to all weapon system at the choice of each combatant.

Our greatest desire for this list is that we hope to create a list that the populace of our great Kingdom will want to watch. As such, we are asking all fighters, no matter their degree of accomplishment to come fight in this open tourney which bears no duties or responsibilities for the victor.

Of equal importance to the success of this list is the participation of the gallery at-large. We would ask you, the populace of our Artemisia, to come forth and offer a prize of your own in recognition of those qualities that you wish to see more of from our heavy weapons fighters. These prizes are entirely at your discretion and based on your criteria.

We wish to grant some time during the tournament for you to present your prizes as they are chosen. In order to ensure that we have ample time during the tournament for such recognition, we ask all those interested to contact us with the details of your prize.

Our intent with these presentations is two-fold. Firstly, we are eager to see which of the chivalric qualities are found desirable by those who are unable to take up such contests. Secondly, we wish to emphasize the fact that there is great glory and honor to be had throughout the tournament even if one is unable to win the list.

We would also encourage the populace to offer a small token of esteem to those fighters who display acts worthy of such recognition.

We pray that the people of Artemisia will join us in celebrating the true purpose of heavy weapons combat. That being the great glory of the contest, not simply the glory of the conquest.

So please contact us privately with the basic criteria of your prize(most chivalrous, best dressed, best heraldic display, etc), the prize being offered, and the group(Barony, Shire, Household, etc) or individual offering the prize. Please also indicate whether or not you wish the prize or criteria to remain secretive.

Best regards,

Sean et Nisa
Crown Prince and Crown Princess

sean_oppenheimer @ hotmail dot com