[Artemisia] Fw: Anyone know "PLUMGRANNIES"

LYNETTE STUMPP pandabr_28 at msn.com
Tue Aug 18 22:22:56 CDT 2009

Someone on my mom's genealogy list sent this to her. I thought there might be one or two on this list who might find it interesting.
Antoinette
Subject:  Anyone know "PLUMGRANNIES"

  Fruit with yellow stripes, about the size of a billiard ball, the most heavenly scent. "This is a real piece of the past".

these fruits called PLUMGRANNIES  were once more common and that only old-timers in the mountains know of them or old-timers in England. They were once carried by people eons ago as body fragrance. Women carried them in their aprons. In England they were once called "QUEEN ANN'S POCKET MELONS" because Queen Ann carried one for fragrance in her pocket, according to legend. Apparently the fruit was used to mask body odor which was pretty common back then. :)

http://www.geocities.com/tn_crafts/plumgrannie.html<http://www.geocities.com/tn_crafts/plumgrannie.html>

  a..

.