[Artemisia] Celtic Festival in Logan August 29

Rebecca Mikkelsen mikkelsen_rebecca at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:36:50 CDT 2009

This message is for those who are not able to attend Hearthwarming, but would still like something to do on Saturday, August 29.

The Shire of Cote du Ciel is taking part in the Inaugural Cache Valley Celtic Festival and Highland Games to be held at the American West Heritage Center in Wellsville, UT.

The Shire's demo will consist of rotating demonstrations of heavy and rapier combat, children's participation in "Fight the Giant" and a youth combat tournament, and dancing.  We will also have displays of Arts and Sciences.  The event is open from 9am to 8pm.

Anyone who comes to help with the demo gets a free pass to the Celtic Festival.  Festival activities include traditional music, Scottish Highland dancing, Irish step dancing, clan booths, Highland athletics (including the caber toss, the stone putt and hammer throw) and ethnic foods.  There will be solo competitions in bag piping and drumming.  This event is sponsored by the Utah Scottish Association, the same group that puts on the Scottish Festival at Thanksgiving Point each year.

Please contact me off list if you would like to participate.  Crash space is available.

Baroness Rebecca Chadderton, OL, OP