[Artemisia] potentially slowly loading court photos

Cat Clark drchelm at rocks4brains.com
Mon Dec 14 19:19:44 CST 2009

This is in from the person who maintains the physical machine
(nicknamed "sibyl") that rocks4brains.com physically lives on  (in my
home office in my house in Texas):

"Oh, one other problem people might be having with your collection of
pictures - the line here is only 384kbit outgoing.  The network gets
overloaded pretty easily if the outgoing data is fairly large, so people
may be experiencing some substantial delays in page loading because of
that (especially if more than one of them at a time is trying...)"

So it is possible that all those pictures are taking forever to load
because of a slow connection on our end - which by the way is the
fastest connection available for our area (which is, admittedly,
somewhat rural - much ex-urbia than suburbia... it's far enough out in
the sticks that there's a national forest next door to our
neighborhood).  [It takes a little getting  used to the idea,  but
east Texas is home to three rather large national forests - all
hosting vast tracts of pines trees - go figure!]

So if you really would like to see the pics and have a slow and/or old
machine, try late at night or really early in the morning when intenet
traffic is lower.

ttfn
Therasia