[Artemisia] Barony of Sentinels' Keep - A&S Champion Announcement & Unusual Fundraiser

Gene Mealey rapierfighter at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:39:14 CST 2009

Greetings All,

I would like to announce a couple of changes to this year's Baronial A&S championship.
We are opening up the competition to any SCA artisans who reside in the shires who share in the protection of the North with the Barony (ie - in Montana).
In order to compete you must be an SCA member in good standing and follow the A&S guidelines.  The guidelines will be posted to our website by the first of the year.  www.sentinelskeep.org

Additionally, we will be holding an...unusual...fundraiser.
As a bonus to those who enter at least one entry into our A&S competition in any category, you will have the option of entering a...wait for it....codpiece of unusual construction for the Baron to wear for evening court & feast.  Rules on this will also be posted online very soon, but they will include a "G" rating requirement (we will have children present) and it must have strapping or ties to attach it.  This is likely one of the VERY few times you will see me in a codpiece :)
So where's the fundraiser?  Well, the fundraiser part is that the selection of the winning codpiece will be by populace vote, and any who wish to vote will be given a number of tokens for $1 to vote on their favorites.  Funds raised will be dedicated to the A&S for the Barony for materials for classes, scrolls, etc.

So, I hope to see you there!

Baron Antoine
(who just knows he's going to regret this... :)

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be."

Socrates