[Artemisia] Fron the Kingdom Scribe

Katie Melander raudhara at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:53:01 CST 2009

Hello everyone,

 I am aware there are many who have never received scrolls for your Kingdom
awards; I want to fix this problem. I have been working on a backlog
database that will help with this process.

Anyone that received an award from Their Majesties of Artemisia during any
reign of the Kingdom who did not receive a scroll, please contact me. Even
if you have already made a request for a scroll, I ask that you please
resubmit your request so that I may ensure that you are not overlooked.

All requests need to be made in writing to me; email is perfect. If you do
not receive a reply within one week, please re-send. No phone requests will
be honored as there are too many possibilities for error. My contact
information is listed on the Artemisian website as well as in The Sage.

The following information must be included in order to have a scroll placed
on the backlog:

~ Recipient's SCA name

~ Recipient's modern name and contact information

~ Name of Award

~ Date of award

~ Name(s) of royalty that gave the award.

If you would like to help with this process, please let me know. I have a
list of willing and able scribes across the Kingdom, and I want to continue
to add to this list. Even if you do not think you have the skills or are
“good enough” to create a scroll, please contact me; everyone is welcome and
I am positive there is something you can work on. It’s great if you want to
do both the calligraphy *and* illumination, but if you prefer to do only one
or the other, that is great too!

If you want to help with this process but do not want to work on a scroll,
there are many things I need help with to ensure that everyone who is owed a
scroll, will receive a scroll. Any and all help is appreciated!

The Sable Plume office is busy updating the Scribal Handbook that can be
found on the Artemisia website. I hope to have this wonderful resource
completed very soon. My sincere thanks to Duchess Caryn for her help with
this.

Please contact me with any questions, I am happy to hear from you!  My
contact information is listed in The Sage and on the Artemisia website, or
you can email me for my phone and address.  I will be away from internet
access from December 19th - December 27th. If you email me during that time,
I am not ignoring you, I am just without email access. I will respond once I
return from vacation. I thank you for your time and I look forward to
hearing from you.

Katya
Sable Plume Pursuviant (Kingdom Scribe)