[Artemisia] A note of Thanks

Rachael Emborg rachael.emborg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:53:22 CST 2009

I have removed all references to the original post(s), as I see this as a
more global concern, and do not wish my comments to be taken as a personal
affront by anyone.

A high percentage of people that did go to Estrella from this Kingdom did
spend time volunteering.  Some folks (Sofi and Jules come to mind, but are
not the only ones) chose to spend the majority of their time volunteering.
There were those who may not have "officially" volunteered, but they were
there helping people set up tents and haul stuff in from the roads when we
could not dirve into the camp areas, among many other things.

Whether or not to attend an event, and what you do when you get there, is
your choice.  I respect that.  It is a contribution to the event to shoot
archery or don armor or enter the arts and sciences competition, or any of
the other activities in which people participate.  My choice of contribution
is service, as is that of many others.  I accept that not everyone goes to
an event (any event) to volunteer.  But I do not feel that it is helpful to
encourage an environment where volunteering is considered a waste of time or
less than desirable.  It is a valuable contribution, as are the other
endeavors of the Society.  Without any of them, the Society is diminished,
and might cease to function.

~Thea
(who had the privilege of serving as Royalty Liaison for Estrella War XXV)