[Artemisia] A note of Thanks

Kelly Campbell ratslayer at spro.net
Thu Feb 19 17:16:29 CST 2009

I normally volunteer at most events and don't really care who's in charge
of the event.  The issue I have had with Estrella has been the attitude
that only the number of fighters are important.  Every year there has been
talk about Artemisia not holding up their part for the war because we
don't bring a host of hundreds of fighters.  Recently Atenveldt has
changed what used to be a war between the four kingdoms to their war and
who they decide should be a part of it.  Just look at the change in the
wording from the treaty negotiations.  It's almost been a threatening
attitude.  I know how much time and effort Artemisians have put into
helping run this war.  I've sat at gate on more than one occasion during
the late night, early morning shifts right along side Conrad.

So really the point isn't that you shouldn't volunteer if it's not your
group but perhaps maybe Atenveldt needs to remember that there are more
important things to running the war than the number of fighters Artemisia
brings to the table.  I'm pretty sure this is what Conrad was referring
to.  Believe me I've seen Conrad do plenty of volunteer work outside his
barony!

Kelwin