[Artemisia] Fw: Proposed change to Royalty membership requirements-long

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 12:12:46 CST 2009

Greetings all,

there is currently a proposal by the BoD to change the membership requirements for Royalty, making it so that *anyone* entering Crown Tourney must provide proof that their membership is valid for the duration of their time on the thrones.  In Artemisia, that means that all entrants must have either renewed right before the Tourney in question, or be no more than halfway through a 2-year membership.  As it stands right now (unless there has been a change I don't know about, admittedly very possible), renewing one's membership *replaces* the current one, it doesn't add to it, i.e. if you renew early, you just give up those remaining months you already paid for.

Below are my comments to the BoD, I ask that each of you look at the proposed change (it can be found at sca.org and scatoday.net), think it through, and comment as you see fit.  If enough of us point out the flaw in their plan, hopefully they will fix it.

Buchedda at gweinydda
(I live to serve)
Barwn Morgan Blaidd Du 'r Chloffa