[Artemisia] Fw: Proposed change to Royaltymembershiprequirements

Andrea Balla aravis227 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 17:38:39 CST 2009

While I understand your concern about taking the honorable word of the Crown, it clearly has been a problem before.  One that has caused severe turmoil in other kingdoms (the Midrealm story that was linked earlier is a prime example).  Serving a kingdom as King and Queen is an extremely demanding thing to do, I could see it being very easy for something as small as membership to slip through the cracks when other affairs of state are so high on the priority list.  Given the responsibility they are requesting be given to them, I don't think asking them to prove their next year's membership is so much to ask.  It seems a small thing to provide in comparison to the great weights they are fighting to take on.
-Maysun

 but there is still that nagging part that bugs me- we will no longer accept the Sworn Word of those entering a Crown List, they must prove that their membership will be valid until the end of their reign.  We don't require proof of tenure-duration membership for any other position, including the BoD itself, why require it of our would-be Crowns?  Conversely, if we are going to