[Artemisia] Background Checks, ...was Spring Collegium and youth classes

Jackman-Brink, Julia Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu
Thu Jan 8 13:54:38 CST 2009

OK, Lady Aurora, Everybody WHOA!!!!

Just a couple of quick clarifications on Background Checks:

First:  Background Checks are not a free service, there is a charge for
every check we ask Society to do. The agreement is that the Society and
the Kingdom split the cost for every background check.  In Artemisia,
for local officers, our half is quartered between the local group and
the Kingdom. For Kingdom Officers, the Kingdom picks up the entire
portion. I repeat, NOT A FREE SERVICE.

Second: All paperwork associated with a Background Check is distributed
ONLY by the Kingdom Seneschals' office, and ONLY after approval for said
check has been made. Only those on the Kingdom Approval List will be
checked by the Society Office.

As far as "anyone getting a background check".  As per Society, only
warranted officers can be authorized to have a background check. SO, if
you want a background check then you have to be a reporting officer for
your local group or hold a Kingdom office.

I know people will ask, but, there are currently no discussions on the
Society Level on opening that service up to the populace at large. If
they change it, this office will let you know, but until then, I'm
sorry, but that is the way it is.

Juliana
Kingdom Seneschal