[Artemisia] Silk Floss

Reuben and Arwen reuben_arwen at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 14:33:45 CST 2009

Thank you ladies!  Sarah needs two more hours of driving on her learners permit to make her 50 total hours, so weather permitting, we will drive over to Missoula this Sunday.  I think I'll see how the weather is up on the pass.  We bought her her first car this week with room for SCA camping event stuff as a consideration.  It was second only to the all wheel drive requirement.  :)   If you guys would be so kind as to send me your phone numbers, I will give you a call and meet you at the store or for lunch somewhere when we get there.  Arwen

From: "S CLEMENGER" <sclemenger at msn.com>

Depends on the kind of silk floss that you want.  There's an awful lot of
options out there.
I get my stuff from ThreadExpress:
http://www.threadexpress.com/
And then there's Hedgehog Handiworks....
http://www.hedgehoghandworks.com/
And there's LacemakerUSA....
http://www.lacemakerusa.com/
There are also a lot of other places--ones that specialize in European
embroidery silks and so forth, but these three, I've dealt with personally,
and I like them all.

We also have a store, here in Missoula, that does sell some
needlework/embroidery supplies--I'm not sure of the name of the business
(got sold last year), but they used to be called the "KnitWit."  They're
about half-embroidery, half-knitting stuff.  If you come up for an event
(Spring Feast or something), we could certainly do a "field trip."
--Maire

From: "L.J. Richards" <richardslj at bresnan.net>
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] silk floss?

It's no longer the Knit-Wit and of course I can't think of the name, but its
at 2100 Stephens Ave., Ste. 109 and # is 406-543-9368.  It's the right
address if it's the blue buildings the other side of JoAnn's, et al.  (And
they have some nice stuff....when's the field trip?)  If you phone order and
mailing is expensive, let me know as I plan to be in Helena either this
month or next and could deliver.

Bronwen