[Artemisia] Reminders for Estrella

Rachael Emborg rachael.emborg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 08:56:39 CST 2009

Hi, folks.
Estrella War starts in 30 days!!

Preregistration closes in 6 days.  Please go to the Estrella website and
preregister if you have not already done so.

Once you are preregistered (or even if you are not able to preregister, but
you are sure you are going) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE register for land
allocation.  Go to
http://estrella.sca-caid.org/land/land.php
and follow the pull down menus.  If your camp is not in the list it is
because your campmaster has not registered for land.  Once you have
completed this process, please contact Don Aaron at aaroncarter74 at yahoo.com
and let him know you have registered.   He is not subscribed to most of the
lists.    This procedure will help your camp get adequate amounts of land,
and help him be able to plan ahead.  He can also answer any questions you
have about land.

If you are planning to enter the arts and sciences competition, the deadline
for entry forms is also on January 17th.  Please go to
http://arts.atenveldt.com/Estrella.aspx  and read the information there.  If
you are not going and have something to enter, there are people going who
might be willing to assist you with getting your entry down there and set
up.  You do not have to go with it (although we would like you to be there
too!  :)

Warriors of the realm:  There will be a war practice in Preston Idaho on
January 24th.  It would be wonderful for all fighters to come work on
tactics - whether you are going to war or not, it is a good opportunity to
hone your skills.  More details about that will have to be posted by someone
who has them.

And finally, a request for those attending:  Please plan to spend two or
more hours of your time volunteering at the War.  There are a myriad of
volunteer opportunities, and the War is entirely run by volunteers.  If you
have any questions about volunteering, please contact Lady Sofi the Crabby,
or you can send me an email and I will forward it to her.

Thanks for your indulgence.  I look forward to seeing as many of you as
possible at Estrella!!
~Theodora