[Artemisia] Estrella War Orphans reminder

Rebecca Mikkelsen mikkelsen_rebecca at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:25:46 CST 2009

The deadline for reservations for the War Orphans Gathering is January 31.  Please e-mail me privately for reservations or information.

There are many in the Kingdom who are able to travel to the warm desert next month to attend Estrella War. Sadly, there are many who cannot.  As much as I want to get out of the inversion and cold, I cannot take the time off from work.  So, for those of us left behind, I present:  A Gathering of Estrella War Orphans!  I think this could be really fun!  I hope you think so, too!

Rebecca

SITE
Whittier Community Center, 300 N 400 E, Logan

SITE OPENS
6pm Sunday, February 15

SITE CLOSES
10pm Monday, February 16 (Presidents' Day)

SITE FEES
$15 which includes all activities and meals ($5 for site and $2.50 per meal)
Children under 12 $10
Children under 6, free

This fee is based on 30 paying adults; 40 adults would be $14 each; 50 adults, $13 each, etc.
DEADLINE:  I must have confirmed reservations of at least 30 adults no later than January 31st in order to hold the event.  Contact me OFFLIST to make reservations and to ask any questions.

MEALS
Dinner Sunday--Walking Tacos, cobbler with ice cream
Breakfast Monday--Pancakes, eggs, etc.
Lunch Monday--Sandwiches, chips, fruit, cookies
Dinner Monday--Beef Stew, bread, carrot cake

ACTIVITIES
Camping:  Bring dome tents that don't need staking down, or just your sleeping bag, if you don't have a tent; tents will be set up in the gym

Marshal Activities:
Heavy Combat
Rapier Combat
Foam sword combat
Crossbow shooting
Siege weapons
Archery
Equestrian

Arts and Sciences:
Classes (TBA)
Dancing
Bardic around the campfire

Shopping:
Cote du Sell will be set up
Bring stuff you want to get rid of

Other:
There will be an "Occupation Lottery".  Each participant will draw for an occupation, and that will be that person's job for the event.  Occupation options may include King, Queen, Crown Prince, Crown Princess, Baron, Baroness, Knight, Laurel, Pelican, Don, Herald, Scribe, Head Person-in-Waiting, Royal Chatelaine, Squire, Apprentice, Protege, Page, Marshal, peasant, serf, vassal, King's/Queen's Champion, etc.  If you have any props that might help a person with their "job", please bring them.