[Artemisia] What 'cha Reading?

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sat Jan 24 11:34:35 CST 2009

Nothing historical, at the moment, sorry.
Currently reading (yes, more or less simultaneously):
"The Omnivore's Dilemma" and "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan
"Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser
"Passionate Declarations: Essays on War and Justice" by Howard Zinn
"The Beauty Myth" by Naomi Wolf, and
"This I Believe: Personal Philosophies of Remarkable Men and Women," Jay
Allison and Dan Gediman, eds.

I am, however, getting the urge to dig out all my Brother Cadfael novels,
and read them straight through.  That's Annys' fault, 'cuz she got me
watching the show (they're doing them on PBS).....
--Maire

p.s.  I totally agree with your assessment of Manchester's book.  I was
quite disappointed when I read it....