[Artemisia] What 'cha Reading?

KyneWynn kynewynn at sfcn.org
Sat Jan 24 18:03:42 CST 2009

Lately I've read:

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett  - Great story, and I loved all of the
history of building a cathedral -- which was bolstered by the bits and
pieces I retained from my art history class.

For One More Day - Mitch Albom -- interesting read of having one more chance
at life.

Pride and Prejudice -- last time I "tried" to read this I was 13, and it
defeated me.  Then my daughter talked me into watching the movie, which I
loved, so I decided to give the book another chance.  After I conquered the
first four or five chapters,  I loved it.

Letters from Rivka - young adult fiction: The letters tell the story of a
young girl emigrating from Russia in the early 1900's -- good read.

The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck -- nice coming of age story with some
great insights, but I didn't like the ending, well it wasn't so much the
h the ending, as the vehicle the author used, which is revealed at the end.

About Alice by Calvin Trillin   -

And the stack of "books to read" in my headboard include several John
Grisham novels, and after a foray to the bookstore with Raquel, I know also
have  The Widows' Club by Joynce Livingston,  Daniel Deronda by George
Eliot, The Four Feathers by A.E.W. Mason, and The Scarlet Pimpernel by
Baroness Orezy --

Those should keep me occupied for awhile. :)

Happy Reading - KyneWynn