[Artemisia] What'cha Reading

Reuben and Arwen reuben_arwen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 12:58:37 CST 2009

Marion Zimmer Bradley's Ravens of Avalon by Diana L. Paxon
A fun book I picked up on my way to Silver Keep's event.  I've read most of the series over the course of years.

Kaplan's ACT prep book and flash cards
It's a snooze fest but Sarah and I work on it a little every night.

Dynamic Belly Dance by Ramona
The Art of Making Dances by Doris Humphrey
I've been  exploring ideas of Western choreographic technique, solo and group, applied to Middle Eastern dance.  This is a very modern concept for my mundane jobs, but as I get deeper in I've found it coincides with SCA dance interests too.  Lots of food for thought about authentic belly dance vs. orientalist belly dance.  It's a can of worms and is a lot larger in scope than it seems.  Ask me and I'll talk for hours!  :)

Esther