[Artemisia] Question for everyone re: youth activities

rayzentz at aim.com rayzentz at aim.com
Thu Jan 29 00:01:16 CST 2009

Greetings unto all this night,

For my clan, youth activities are definately a factor in what events we attend. There are some events we have not attended, specifically because there were no scheduled youth activities. There is also one case where we did not attend, because the year before, the advertised youth activities at that event did not occur.

I and my wife make a point of being there with the kids, one or both of us, to assist with activities at any event we attend. Not all parents are as concientious about this, even though corpora policies dictate it must be so.

On another similar issue, when we in Arrows' Flight sponsor events, the youth officers spend a lot of time coming up with activities that will not only keep the young ones occupied, but learning, as well. I am sure this is the case in other groups, as well.?? Often, however, it seems that we are babysitting, as Lady Constance mentioned already. Many parents drop off their kids and disappear. This would not be so bad, if these parents would express a little appreciation for the free babysitting of which they just took advantage. Those who assist, even for a little while, are GREATLY appreciated.

Padruig McTavish,
who is feeling a bit peckish tonight, for some reason