[Artemisia] Kitchen subscriptions for Baron's War

Aghren the Brus aghren at msn.com
Mon Jul 6 22:36:39 CDT 2009

Good gentles all,

We sent this to this list last week, but apparently spam filters stopped it from going through. Please heed teh words of Lady Flora that follow:

To all Goode Gentles in our faire Kingdom -

Please pardon the band width. We didn't want anyone left out of this missive.

While it grieves us sorely that such noble and respected cousins find reason to wage war upon each other on the weekend of the 24th of this moon, may I remind all that "to the victor go the spoils!"

It seems that the fair baronies in question have had a particularly prolific flock of wooly wonders this year. Even at Quest, in the spring, soft fuzzy grazing critters were gathered as a source of legal tender. And then, as we were witness at Uprising, many of these same critters were presented in GREAT numbers from our neighbor barony in the north to the barony in the south.

So it seems that the flocks of both the Barony of Gryphon's Lair AND the Barony of Loch Salann are abundant and in need of culling for the winter.

In honor of our Glorious Queen Sati II, and her middle eastern roots, their majesty's Royal Feast Stewards are planning to harvest what errant lambs may roam too near our fires (and some of their feathered friends also) and serve them up in true middle eastern splendor, for a nominal fee, on Saturday the 25th of July at Baron's War.

It is NOT our usual practice to "sell" single meals at events, but we couldn't resist the chance to join in the jokes about sheep and flocks and stuff this year. So, for this event only, we are welcoming ALL members of the populace to buy dinner on site at Baron's War on July 25th. Price is 6.00 for adults, 3.00 for kids age 6 to 12 and children 5 and under are our guests. You must make reservations by the 17th to participate in this sumptuous feast.

Dinner will consist of lamb kabobs, chicken kabobs (souvlaki type) rice pilaf, Middle eastern condiments (chutney, raisins, yogurt, coconut, masala, etc.) tossed salad, hummus, pita bread, and one of Aggie's wonderful middle eastern cakes.

Should there be any profit from this meal, above and beyond our expenses, it will be donated to the autocrat of the event to help defray costs of the event as he sees fit, or to donate to whatever cause in the kingdom he feels needs attention.

If you would like to buy in to the rest of the kitchen and meal plan, the following is a menu and prices:

Friday lunch and 24/7 snacks: sandwiches, salads, granola bars, cookies, fruit, yogurt, etc. - the usual - 4.00
Friday dinner: Casa Grande chili dinner (home made chili, quesadillas, and all the trimmings) - 6.00

Saturday Breakfast: Piggies (sausages), bacon, eggs, fruit, granola, yogurt, the usual - 3.00
Saturday lunch: the usual - 4.00
Saturday dinner : See above - 6.00

Sunday brunch: Train wreck (egg and sausage casserole), fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, the usual plus access to the lunch/snacks buffet - 6.00

Kitchen is leaving after this meal.

Reservations and payment arrangements for this kitchen are due by midnight the 17th of July. Please contact me off list for your reservation.

Until the drums of war call us to meet again, in the whispering woods above Gryphon's Lair,

We remain

Yours in Humble Service,

Lady Flora of Heronton

and the Kitchen Crew

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time." from J Taylor