[Artemisia] Hellsgate July 17-19 - Updates!

Gene Mealey rapierfighter at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 11 14:10:46 CDT 2009

Greetings All!

I'd like to take a moment and give everyone some updates on our upcoming Hellsgate Event in the Barony of Sentinels Keep on July 17-19 at Fort Missoula. (see www.sentinelskeep.org for more details).

Due to a conflict site will open at 5PM Friday July 17.

There are Many Many reasons why you should consider attending Hellsgate.
First, there's the Baronial Stimulus Package!  Adult Site Fee is a lowly $4 per person!  Children's Site Fee is an even lowly-er $2 per person!  If that's not enough, we're considering children to be aged 10-20!

And wait!  There's more!

This event kicks off our 2nd Annual Baronial Rapier Championship!  To compete for champion, you must reside in the lands under the Barony's protection (within the state of Montana) - however all may compete as a prize will be given.  This shoot is currently planned to occur at 1:30 PM on Saturday July 18 on site.

There will also be Royal Rounds, Archery Classes, pickup fights for both Rapier & Armored combat.

We will also be holding our Baronial Polling to determine our next Baron/ess.

Here's the current (tentative) schedule:

Friday:
5pm Site Opens
7pm A Royal Round may be held

Saturday:
9am-Noon Royal Rounds, Rapier & Armored Open Combat
1pm Archery Equipment Inspection & Practice Rounds
1:30pm - 4:30pm  Baronial Rapier Championship & additional shooting
5pm Court
Closing Court - Dusk   Archery Classes by Lord Miles
Dusk - Night Clout Shoot Fundraiser (more below)
Baronial Polling will likely take place on Saturday before Court.

Sunday:
9 - 1pm Open Shooting, Royal Rounds, and Rapier/Armored Combat
2pm Site Closes

Night Clout Shoot Fundraiser:
We will be hosting a Night  Clout Shoot Fundraiser on Saturday Night to benefit the Archers in the Barony.  This should prove to be fun for archers and bystanders alike as the night is pierced by multicolored fire streaming through the heavens!
$1 buys you 3 shots with glow-stick lit arrows at the target.  Closest to the target by the end of shooting wins a gift certificate to 3 Rivers Archery.  Yes, you may buy more than 3 arrows (as many as you wish!), but only an arrow from your last shot set may count, so shoot wisely!  We'll shoot until Dawn, until you run out of money, all archers are satisfied with their shots, or the marshal of the field drops from exhaustion (whichever comes first).

Additional site info:

Water and Flush Toilets are available on site and this is a camping event.
Pets are allowed as long as they are tame, kept under control, and
picked up after.  Fire restrictions will be in effect, so no tiki torches (at all), no open flame (including cigarettes) is allowed except in designated areas.  A fire pit may be available depending on current fire conditions for the area.  Please see additional site restrictions posted at Gate upon entry.
The site is VERY close to hotels, food, etc - you have many options for both of these within a 10 minute drive of the site.

ADA:
If you have any special needs, please contact me at least a couple of days before the event and I will may any arrangements I can to make your stay more pleasent.

See you next week!

Antoine de Bueil

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be."

Socrates