[Artemisia] Barons' War Thank You

rcfaevans at comcast.net rcfaevans at comcast.net
Mon Jul 27 09:42:05 CDT 2009

Anna and I also add our thanks to everyone who came and enjoyed Barons' War.  We and our good Cousins from the Lair began our planning for this event at dinner the day after Christmas, with the intent of keeping this light-hearted, somewhat silly, and with a strong emphasis on fun.  I think we accomplished this, and more.  All deserve thanks, but I would like to highlight a few that, in our opinion, stood out.  (If I omit someone, please do not take offence.  My brain is still a bit addled by the heat):

Sir Raven and Don Aaron, our Stewards

Our dear Cousins from Arn Hold, who gave us great fodder for comedy.  Especially for the final court of the War.

Lords Bjorn and Arthen and the mighty Marshals for opening Throw Weapons for our glorious Kingdom

Lady Jennet and Mistresses Bethany and Casamira for a delightful (and tasty) A&S competition

Dons Elyas and Aaron (again) and Sir Raven (again) for great fighting scenarios, despite the oppressive heat

Lady Flora and Lord Aggie for keeping us fed, especially roasting the skullduggerous lambs

Ladies Vertianna and Aurora for the children's activities

Lady Elizabeth, for coming up with the idea of 'Roving Reeve'

And last, but not least...Lady Ashiel , who raked all the crud away from the fire-pit and made sure we could have singing and dancing there.

Baron Ryryd and Baroness Anna