[Artemisia] pets at events

Christy Lewis lady_ofdance at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 31 20:30:47 CDT 2009

Actually it's not absurd to those in need. Therapy companions are very commonly used to keep people from giving up ina world they feel is not worth the time of day. People who are depressed, the elderly that may be widowed and/or have no family near, even recovering addicts. The therapy part is the animal companion gives them the feeling of taking care of something that depends on them. I had a friend who went through a bad depression when her daughter (who was 9 at the time) decided she didn't want to see mom for a bit. She got kinda depressed and was advised to get a dog to help fill that space till such time she felt better or her daughter came around. So sorry and I mean no disrespect, but far from absurd.

Lady Ealusaid