[Artemisia] Heraldic Registration Fees

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Tue Jun 2 09:08:40 CDT 2009

Travis Schenck wrote:
> Gentles,
> In my attempt to help a member of my Riding register their heraldry I am
> unable to find sum of the registration fee on the Kingdom Heraldry Website
> or the forms there in.
> If the list would be so kind to direct me to the appropriate link or inform
> me of the cost I would be very grateful. If no answer emerges I must make
> the conclusion that the Kingdom is no longer charging to register names and
> heraldry otherwise they would have posted it more clearly. I doubt this is
> the case and yes is somewhat far fetched to assume so but it would be quite
> pleasant.
>
> Regards
> Lord Ramon De Javier
> Incipient Riding of Redbridge

Happy to help!

The fee is $12 per item - name, device or badge - so if someone is
wanting to register a name and a device it is $24 total. If you have a
local herald, the monies go through the local group bank account, with
$2 per item allowed to stay at the local level to help pay for postage
and associated office costs - even the occasional book.

This means that $10 per item needs to be sent to the Kingdom -
preferably via check written from a group. All monetary instruments are
made out to 'Kingdom of Artemisia, SCA Inc.', since Artemisia does not
have a separate heraldic bank account.

Hiope this information is of assistance!

Baroness Shauna
Herald