[Artemisia] Missing Soldiers

Jason Mohler darkside at bresnan.net
Tue Jun 2 14:01:54 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:50:24 -0600
  "Suzanne Semich" <magpie at wyoming.com> wrote:
> Greetings Artimisia,
>    The following soldiers will not be able to make it to Uprising and many
>other great events this coming year due to their service to our fine country.
>Along with there names is the name of the person that has chosen to represent
>the soldier with a drop off area at Uprising so that all of our fine members
>can show our support for the missing soldier.
>    Notes and letters of support are highly recommended. Remember if wanting
>to give something more that these fine soldiers are very limited in what they
>can have with them.  If you would like to give them something they can share
>with there fellow soldiers please state so on the item.
> OUR SOLDIERS ARE:
> Lord Damian - Damian Tennyson
>    Contact  Juliana camped with League of York
> Etico the Idiot- Jay Robinson
>    Contact L. Annabella Graham at Brewha
> Amatzu- Haze Lassiter
>    Contact L. Annabella Graham at Brewha
> Stephen McCale- K.C.
>    Contact Cathryn Ann at Shire of Cote cu Ciel
>
> Thanks for showing your support for our troops!!!
> And Please cross post So that all that attend Uprising may show their
>support!!
> YIS,
> Lady Annabella Graham

[Stepping onto soapbox]

You know, I feel this is a wonderful thing that's happening, but isn't it
starting just a tad late?  We've been in Iraq for over 6 years and have had
members of our fair kingdom since the first day (Gregor Walences, mka SPC Jake
Leaf, 173d Airborne, was part of the initial assault).  So why has it taken 6
years for us to recognize those who are off in service to King and Country?

And on a related issue, have we in Artemisia done or planned anything to
welcome back our returned soldiers, sailors and airmen?  If not, we should.
 It doesn't even have to be anything fancy, just some way for us to say
welcome home.

Jason Mohler (US Army 2002-2006)