[Artemisia] Missing Soldiers

Travis Schenck mr.schenck at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 21:07:44 CDT 2009

"You know, I feel this is a wonderful thing that's happening, but isn't it
starting just a tad late?  We've been in Iraq for over 6 years and have had
members of our fair kingdom since the first day (Gregor Walences, mka SPC
Jake
Leaf, 173d Airborne, was part of the initial assault).  So why has it taken
6
years for us to recognize those who are off in service to King and Country?

And on a related issue, have we in Artemisia done or planned anything to
welcome back our returned soldiers, sailors and airmen?  If not, we should.
 It doesn't even have to be anything fancy, just some way for us to say
welcome home.

Jason Mohler (US Army 2002-2006)"

It sounds like you have found an opportunity for service. Obviously the need
has been identified and there are interested parties I see no reason why
you can't plan something. Especially as you have experience in
the military and would be able to identify what things would be the best to
welcome back our troops.
While it may be a little late for Uprising, there are some other events that
may work for this year. Additionally there may be interest in forming a
email group to keep people posted on soldiers from the Kingdom(There may
already be one in existence)

I would also say that those have served in war warrant some recognition for
in a very real since they are defending the dream. However so do mothers and
fathers, friends, families, anyone who takes someone's shift so they can go
to an event, mundane life supports the dream and the dream should in turn
enrich mundane life.

If there is anything i can do to help please contact me

Regards
Javier

--
If you wish to understand today, you must search yesterday.  ~Pearl S. Buck