[Artemisia] Soapboxes

Elaine carynvnk at comcast.net
Tue Jun 2 23:52:48 CDT 2009

Greetings everyone:
Jason Mohler wrote:
"You know, I feel this is a wonderful thing that's happening, but isn't it
starting just a tad late?  We've been in Iraq for over 6 years and have had
members of our fair kingdom since the first day (Gregor Walences, mka SPC
Jake
Leaf, 173d Airborne, was part of the initial assault).  So why has it taken
6
years for us to recognize those who are off in service to King and Country?

And on a related issue, have we in Artemisia done or planned anything to
welcome back our returned soldiers, sailors and airmen?  If not, we should.
 It doesn't even have to be anything fancy, just some way for us to say
welcome home.

Jason Mohler (US Army 2002-2006)"

Yes, it is nice that this is happening. And it's happening for the same
reason that everything happens in the SCA:
Someone is making it happen.

Often the right question to ask is not "Why wasn't this done earlier?" but
"Why didn't I think of that?" followed by "What can I do?"
Regards
Caryn