[Artemisia] Shameless plug for Dragon's Tear Silver Anniversary

Tenacia Ale tenacia2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 01:38:08 CDT 2009

Greetings, my name is Lady Sorcha inghean eu Lorcain and I have news of Dragon's Tear Tournament for those of our glorious Kingdom.

As many may already know, this year mark's our 25th year of the Dragon's Tear Tournament. What many may not know is how much fun this year's event is going to be. For those of you who get the Sage some of this may be stuff you already know but please keep reading because some of it is information that wasn't in the Sage announcement.

First a correction or two on the printed announcement. There will still be the Heavy Championship Tourney and the Rapier Tournament but we are not going to be doing the Defender of the Arts A&S portion as mentioned in the Sage.  The second correction is that not only will there be an Introduction to Seige Weapons class but also a demonstration on throwing weapons and there will be a merchant on site selling throwing weapons for those who wish to practice what they learn at the demo.

I need any merchants who are planning on attending our grand event to contact me offlist at tenacia2000 at yahoo.com with measurements of the space they need as we are taping off merchant spots this year. There is no fee to come merchant with us, all we ask is that you donate an item to our grand auction that is going to our group's youth fund. I look forward to hearing from all my fellow merchants.

There is still a cabin or two available and we have spaces available in our bachlor's cabin so please let me know if you need cabin space. There is plenty of tent space and some shade but I suggest bringing shade along if you have it. I will keep everyone abreast of the fire restrictions as the event grows nearer.  Animals are allowed on leashes, there is a great shady creek on site, this is a wet site, and there is a main firepit that we are planning a bardic around for Saturday night with S'mores for the kid in all of us.

There are many youth activities, classes, and other fun things to keep everyone busy and entertained so please come join us and contact me offlist if you have any questions or concerns.

In Service to Artemisia,
Lady Sorcha inghean eu Lorcain
Event Steward, DT 2009