[Artemisia] Many thanks for a great Uprising!

Sarah Natividad sarah.natividad at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 13:03:49 CDT 2009

I just wanted to thank you all for making this an incredible event.
Everyone worked so hard and I had such a great time!  It rained and I slept
in a puddle, but I took that opportunity to discover why wool is such a
great fiber for cloaks.  I made some new friends and took some classes.  I
found that I really like volunteering in Parking, although I discovered the
next day that my body doesn't agree with me on that point.

I almost didn't make it to Uprising, but I did!  And while some were
knighted and Laureled and many received awards, I got the best one of all: I
made the Queen smile.  I will never forget the look on her face as she
pulled the firing cord on my miniature trebuchet filled with candy for the
eager children to chase.  The moment almost didn't happen-- when my van
broke down a week ago I had to move heaven and earth to get the trebuchet
there-- but I'm so glad it did happen, because it was worth it all just for
that one moment of Her Majesty's pleasure.

(And now that I'm home, I'm reminded why I never leave... I can't believe I
had to explain to people over the age of 10 that if you leave perishable
food out and you don't have servants, it stays out till Mommy gets back from
Uprising and throws the stinking mess away.  I swear to God they know this,
and yet...)

Obrigada,
Lianor

--