[Artemisia] Uprising Stories - Sheep

rayzentz at aim.com rayzentz at aim.com
Mon Jun 22 13:23:24 CDT 2009

As you say, any landowner would appreciate the gift of sheep. I think HRH reluctance had more to do with the delivery method and timing, than the gift itself. And the fact that the gift was intended for HE Ryrid originally, and HRH Sean became, in essence, a delivery boy. It is too bad the Excellencies Loch Salaan had to leave prior to court. Personally, I believe it would have been even MORE memorable, if that is even possible.

Kudos to all members of Arn Hold, for their incredible generosity, in a vain effort to avert war. Of course, now there are more sheep available in Loch Salaan for Barony Gryphon's Lair to allegedly raid...? ;-)

Lord Padruig McTavish
Golden Crown Herald
Artemisia Youth Combat Marshal

<snip>

(But Duchess Caryn and I still don't quite 'understand' why he would be so
'reluctant'.  After all, wouldn't any landholder be most appreciative of
receiving such a large flock of sheep?  (Think $ selling wool $, $ selling
lambs $, ....)  Now of course, His Excellency only needs some sheepherders
and sheepdogs and ....