[Artemisia] Swine Flu Exposure

Biosigns biosigns83642 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 24 11:59:31 CDT 2009

Lianor,

I hope your husband feels better soon, and also his coworker, and my hope is that you and the rest of your family do not become ill.  Should any Uprising attendees fall ill, you should not blame yourself.  WHO has raised the alert level to pandemic, meaning that the virus is everywhere and passing readily from one person to another.  Personally, there has been at least one confirmed case at my workplace, and several confirmed cases in my hometown.

It sounds like your family is doing the responsible thing and following the health department guidelines in isolating yourselves until all symptoms have passed.

[soapbox]
I would like to take this opportunity to get on my soapbox and remind everyone who feels ill to STAY HOME!  I realize this is difficult in these economic times, but passing illness around at work is a major contributor to seasonal flu, colds, and various and sundry tummy bugs.

Cough and / or sneeze into your sleeve instead of into your hands - everything you touch with those sneezed-in hands is potentially a new place for others to catch your bug.

Finally, WASH YOUR HANDS!  Really the simplest, easiest way to prevent the spread of disease, and while some of our personae may not have been fond of soap and water, our everyday "real life" selves should be washing before doing anything that involves hands near the mouth, eyes, or nose.  If attending an event, this is one of those times to "selectively" recreate!
[/soapbox]

Katherine

 Saving one pet won't change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one pet.