[Artemisia] Southern Regional Combined Collegium

Sean Oppenheimer sean_oppenheimer at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:43:09 CST 2009

Southern Regional Combined Collegium
As the winter snows begin to thaw throughout these laurel lands, it is time for the denizens of our great Kingdom to consider pursuing endeavors of higher learning.  The citizens of Artemisia and the Known Worlde are invited to come and learn new skills, new trades, and new arts—and to share what you know with others—at a combined Southern Regional Collegium to be held April 11, 2009.

The Barony of Loch Salann, the Barony of Gryphon’s Lair, the Province of Arrows’ Flight and the Shire of Cote du Ciel are pleased to be jointly hosting this event.  A full complement of classes is planned with a great variety of subjects related to the arts and sciences.  Additionally an extensive schedule of classes will be available for heavy weapons and duelist combat, archery instruction and class intended for the youth of our Kingdom will also be available.

We are pleased to announce that two guest instructors will be visiting in order to provide instruction that otherwise may not be available to Artemisians.  Don Christian de Launey will be returning to his Artemisian roots to share his vast experience and knowledge of the duelist arts.  Professor Patricia Lambert, head of the Anthropology department at Utah State University is scheduled to give a lecture detailing her discoveries at a period Viking village in Iceland.

A simple lunch consisting of sandwiches and a variety of salads will be available.  Lunch will be included in your site fee, and is being prepared by the amazing Lady Flora and Lord Ahgren.  Donations of salads, desserts and other items will be gladly accepted.  Please contact the lunch stewards, if you wish to make a contribution.

Classes will begin at 10:00 am with the last class starting at 5:00 pm.  To maximize the amount of instruction available, class will run concurrently with the lunch service.  Lunch will be available from 12:00-2:00 pm.  The class schedule will be available at the event web site soon.

Their Majesties plan to hold a brief opening court at 9:30 am.  Evening court is scheduled for 6:00 pm.

The site for this Combined Collegium is the Davis County Events Center (previously Davis County Fairgrounds) 151 S 1100 West, in Farmington, UT.   Site opens at 9:00 am and closes at 8:00 pm.  As this is a day of full of classes, no dinner break or feast has been planned.

Directions: From the North: Follow the King’s Highway(I-15) to exit 325.  Take a right on Park Lane and follow the road approximately 1 mile.  The road will become 1100 West.  The site will be on the left.  From the South:  Follow the King’s Highway(I-15) to Exit 324.  Take a Left on Park Lane and follow the road approximately 1.5 miles.  The road will become 1100 West.  The site will be on the left.

Site fee:  $10 for adult members; $5 for youth ages 5-15. People aged 4 and under are guests of the hosts.  The family cap will be $30. There will be a $3 surcharge per person for non-members.

http://www.gryphonslair.org/aprilcollegium09.htm

Event Stewards:
Duke Sir Sean Kirkpatrick Tarragon, Event Steward sean_oppenheimer at hotmail.com, 801-966-7955
Baron Sir Thorvald Ulfheathnar, Fighting/Archery Track, thorvaldbadaxe at hotmail.com, 801-726-0155