[Artemisia] real parchment source

Rachael Emborg rachael.emborg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:02:11 CST 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Tamar Black Sea <tamar at coteduciel.org>wrote:

> Conrad von Z wrote:
> >/I've bought a 'veggie' vellum that I like a great deal from them as
> well/.<
>

> ??? What in the heck is veggie vellum?!  Now that you've made me
> curious, I'm going to have to order some of this stuff....dang! :-)
>
> Tamar

There is a paper called pergamenata that is made from plant fiber that has
similar working properties to animal skin parchment/vellum.  It is available
from John Neal booksellers and is very nice to work with.  It is really not
more expensive than the Bristol board that many of us use for scrolls.

~thea