[Artemisia] Loch Salann Defenders Tourney: Many Thanks

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 14:25:05 CDT 2009

I, too, would like to add my thanks for the assistance and enthusiasm demonstrated by the parents, children, and young people at this event. For those who may not have heard, Loch Salann quite recently lost its Youth Officer to the trials of Ordinary Life(tm) -- so I ran the Youth activities for the day. Quite a few new families with showed up this year, delighted that Artemisia offers such interesting opportunities for their young.

My particular thanks to the Lady Lianor di Costa, who spent much effort preparing and nursing the wounds on the Evil Brine Shrimp(tm). Such was the fury of our junior warriors at seeing this monster emerge from the depths of our poisoned lake that they sliced, stabbed, and pummeled the fiend until he was naught but a smear of glittering cocktail sauce upon the earth. And, coincidentally, Lord Lance of Loch Salann just happened to prove he has a great deal of stamina and a fine sense of humor....

My gratitude also goes out to the Lady Iliana, page to His Excellency Morgan, daughter of Lord Padruig & Lady Allegretza. She was the extra pair of hands I needed at just the right time, and throughout court kept a watchful eye on a particularly rambunctious pack of young pups. Lord Dunkr was also in fine voice heralding the children's activities and the need for parents to be involved.

All in all, a fine spring day for dealing a smackdown to seafood.

Aurora de Portugal
Kingdom Youth Officer
(& resident of BLS)