[Artemisia] May Potrero War

Illora illoraofthewestlea at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:35:16 CDT 2009

Greetings Artemisia,

I would like to invite all who would like, to join the Barony of Calafia,
Caid for the annual May Potrero War. While this may sound like a "little"
Baronial war..... it is not. Potrero War is as large as GWW.  We
consistently have 2500-2700 guest each May.  We would like you to be in that
number!  I am the head steward this year and would love to see my old
friends from Artemisia join us.  Yes, I know it is a very long way.  I make
that drive twice a year. However, as I have told Their Majesties, you will
find this to be better weather, a better site and better hospitality than
other distant war you have attended. The dates are May 21-25 at the Potrero
Park in Potrero, CA.  It is near the border... Of Mexico.  But really,
aren't you just sick of winter about now?  Wouldn't you like to come to
sunny San Diego and bask in some warm sunshine? Ladies, wouldn't you like to
put on your pretty silk to go shopping and not cover it with wool Viking?

Truly we would love to welcome our cousins and allies to the north.  If you
are interested please check out www.potrerowar.org. We have land allocation,
ACCEPS and pre-registration. If you sign up early I can make sure you have
good property.  But we have only had land allocation up for 20 days and 800+
people are signed up!  Think about it, talk your friends into it and carpool
down.  You won't be sorry!  We would love an Artemisia encampment!

Please feel free to pass this on to local groups. You may contact me offlist
with any questions.

THL Illora or the west lea

Potrero War 2009 Steward