[Artemisia] On the subject of Arts and Sciences

Charles Demery fire_n_earth at hotmail.com
Mon May 4 00:04:06 CDT 2009

Greetings unto the Kingdom of Artemisia,

It is not my intention to step upon anyones toes, but I have been following the recent Arts and Sciences discussions closely closley and had noticed that something had been said about those of us wearing red belts and the arts and sciences ( I know it was not meant in a bad way and I hope I read it right) and the lack of us entering or something to that effect. I myself have had the honor of being squired to Syr Kian and as such have really stepped up my research into the arts and sciences (something about him being a Laurel) and while I would have loved to have entered into this years A&S I did not, the reasons all ring hollow in my head so I will spare you those, I did however see that the word challenge has been used, I know it was not in reference to the red belt thing, but it did give me an idea! Anyone who knows me, knows that the word "challenge" is something I am very familiar with, with that said...

I would like it to be known that I will be not only entering the next Kingdom Arts and Sciences competition, but I will be going for the title of champion as well. I also hereto challenge not only the other squires of the Great Kingdom of Artemisia but any warriors who don armor and take the field to also enter atleast one item of their creation into next years Kingdom A&S competition.

In Service,

Lord Kormak Hroarsson

"Would to heaven that this accursed engine had never been invented. I had not then received
those wounds which I now languise under, neither had so many valiant men been slain for the most
part by the most pitiful fellows, and the greatest cowards; poltroons that had not dared to look
those men in the face at hand, which at distance they lay dead with their confounded bullets."

Blaise de Monluc, 1501-1577