[Artemisia] Return of Raptor War Update

ladysyeira at yahoo.com ladysyeira at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 12:05:05 CDT 2009

Greeting unto all!
Here is the newest information for the Return of Raptor War.
If you are wanting to bring an RV or camp as a large group, please pay close attention to the instructions.
ALSO We are truly limited on parking. We are allowed 35 vehicles on site, after that we pay $4 per vehicle (this is included in your site fee) There is also limited space to park. PLEASE carpool if possible. All trailers will have to pay the $4 fee at check in, to be sent on to the campground.

Please contact us with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you.

In Service,
Lady Syeira
Co-Steward Raptor War
Barony of ArnHold
Kingdom of Artemisia

Raptor War Returns!!!
July 10-12 2009
Barony of Arnhold

Come one and All! Their Excellencies, Hachmood K. Braden von Sobernheim & Mistress Giliana Attewatyr, invite you to join us for the much requested Return of Raptor War!!! Come to the mountains and cool off from the summer heat!
We will have fighting scenarios for both the Armored and Rapier Communities, Archery Competition, a Reverse Laurels Prize Tourney, Raptor Ball,  The Roving Rapier Rogue Tourney, Classes and A FABUOLOUS fundraiser for our Armored Fighters. How much is it worth to douse a fighter, a COUNT even, with a bucket of water??? Come improve everyone’s camping ambiance and help our fighters fund some new loaner armor!

The site is Grayback Campground this is a Forest Service Campground. It is situated in ponderosa pine forest, 36 miles northeast of Boise, ID, just south of Idaho City.

Site Information:
Site opens: Friday July 10th   at 12 noon
Site closes: Sunday July 12th at 12 noon
Site is Wet. Merchants welcome.
Fire restrictions will be at the discretion on the Forest Service and will be posted prior to the event. Camp stoves should be allowed.
There are vault toilets and potable water is available from a hand pump in the parking area.
There is limited parking, (we are allowed only 35 vehicles on site. We pay $4 for each additional vehicle.) PLEASE consider carpooling when possible. Anyone bringing a trailer will be charged the $4 extra vehicle parking fee. (We will forward this directly to the campground.)
RV CAMPERS ALERT! The group sites we are using will not accommodate RV camping. If you would like to bring your RV you will need to reserve a site ahead of time in the non-group camping area.  You must use this website to reserve: www.reserveamerica.com , Park name Grayback, ID. There are several sites available. Those in RVs will be treated as day trippers.
Large groups wanting to camp together, please contact our camping coordinator, Lady Mauda McClain at IDMike08 at gmail.com.

Area Information:
There is NO cell phone service once you reach Lucky Peak. Payphones, groceries, espresso, accommodations & gas are all available 3 miles away in Idaho City. Accommodations available in the area (These are not recommendations these are just what is available.)
-Knotty Pine Cabins-Lodge: 208-392-6065 Cabins: 208-392-9686 www.KnottyPineIdaho.com
-Prospector Motel (208) 392-4290

Site Directions: Take Highway 21 north from Boise, Idaho. Turn right on paved road ½ mile past milepost marker 36. Campground is ¼ mile from the highway.
Fees:  All prices are per person for the weekend.
Adult Camping………………..$8.00
6-15 yrs.  Camping………… $4.00
                Day trip fee ………………....…$4.00
                Family cap…………….………..$24.00

Make checks payable to “Barony of ArnHold, SCA, Inc.”

Event Steward: Lady Syeira (Amber Snurkowski) ladysyeira at yahoo.com, 208-590-3860 (no calls after 9pm)
Co- Event Stewards: Lady Mauda McClain (Melissa Waylan) & Lady Rosamonde Carver (Kathy Vinson)Knight Marshal: HL Fernando Del Santiago (Charles Snurkowski) fernando2469 at yahoo.com, 208-590-3686 (no calls after 9pm)