[Artemisia] More Volunteering Goodness

Elena Llewelyn elena.llewelyn at gmail.com
Mon May 18 22:05:35 CDT 2009

Yay! Uprising here we come!

  Yet another reminder to all of our lovely subscribers.  Uprising this year
will be tons more fun when more people lend time to volunteering. Many hands
to make small work and the more we spread the volunteering around, the more
fun everyone will get to have.  We have a tendancy to have a small group of
people doing the main part of the volunteer work load.  It would be amazing
to have everyone give an hour or two to carry the load. Here's an updated
list of what we need help with this year:

Reeve's Point
Parking
Heralds - Announcing and Roving Criers
Security
Children's Activities
"At your own risk water dispersal"  ((Waterbearers!))
All around go-fors
Guides for mundane tours. That's on Saturday... noon to four? I'll confirm
the time on that in a very future post ((its written down in a different
location)).  Let your mundane friends know about the tours.  I'll post a
seperate note about all the information that you need to invite the more
"scepticals" about the SCA to a tour of our event.

   The other big thing that we need is a group of people to help with
the set up and take down of the main gear of the barony.  Our officers need
help with loading equipment up from the storage unit to take from Blackfoot
to the Uprising site on Tuesday, but more importantly, we need a crew for
Sunday. On Sunday, everyone is tired and ready to go home, and the more
people we have to help with take down, the faster everyone gets to go home.
This is possibly the most important brunt force that we can ask for to help
out with our volunteering crew this year.  If you are intersted in helping
out with this task, contact any of our barony officers via the website,
or reply to me direct to this post or email.

   If you are intersted in any of these positions, let me know either by
this post or directly by email.  I will also be located in the Herald's
Point tent this year, and you can stop by and see where we need your help
the most.  Any time you can donate would be greatly appreciated. Don't worry
if you don't around as well as you used to!  We have plenty of things for
you to help out with without worry about being on your feet constantly!

Again, thanks!

YIS,
Elena Llewelyn