[Artemisia] More Volunteering Goodness

Jackman-Brink, Julia Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu
Tue May 19 11:23:00 CDT 2009

Howdy All! This is timely with the summer season approaching.

Officially...there is no water bearing, nor officers to oversee that
function. We shouldn't even really use that term anymore. It's a bummer,
but if we can't bear water as adults, youth can't do it either.

HOWEVER....If a group wishes to make water available....they are still
welcome to see that it is available for all at the event, but it is
unofficial, and more of an act of hospitality for the attendees. I
suspect that "hospitality supplies" are now a line item on event budgets
now, with a person or two tasked to set the area up and take the area
down. Fro example, I was at An Tir Crown last weekend, and they had a
couple of tables setup with water containers, and such, but it was up to
the combatant (or their friend or household member) to access it. It was
not brought onto the field, nor was anyone actively watching it. Someone
did come by and refill and remove trash occasionally, but that was it.

In the new interpretation, minors could potentially help out the event
by assisting an adult (or parent within a group or household) tend to
their own folk, or even help to monitor a groups' hospitality area, but
again, it's not an organized activity anymore.

Juliana