[Artemisia] Collegium Youth Track -- Thank You!

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 13:39:07 CST 2009

Now that I've recovered from Collegium weekend -- and gotten caught up with work -- I want to texpress my enthusiastic and heartfelt thanks to all the instructors who gave so unselfishly of their time and effort to the Teen Track. The number of teachers and the variety of classes offered for this first-ever experiment just amazed me.

I particularly want to thank two of my Youth Officers:  Dame Constance de la Rose, of Loch Salaan, taught two sessions of her wonderful class on bees & honey in Period for both adults & kids. (This class was so popular at last spring's Combined Collegium that I requested she teach it again.)  Baroness Petronilla, my tireless Evil Smurf(tm) from Twae Linnes, devoted herself to the education and entertainment of the smaller fry that day. Pet rocks!! >:)

My personal thanks to THL Allegretza, my retired officer out of Arrows' Flight, who offered herself as my relief in case I needed a break.

Alas, not as many teens & pre-teens attended the event as I had hoped. (A couple of classes had no one signed up...but I'm told that's pretty much an occupational hazard of any collegium.)  I am already analyzing why and how to address that issue. Please know that, however your class turned out, I very much appreciate your involvement.  I will be getting together with the class coordinator and the autocrat to parse the information gleaned from the enrollment sheets and other forms of feedback. If you as a teacher, student, parent/guardian have any observations or suggestions for improvement -- talk to me! The more we know, the better we can build Youth participation for the next event.

Again -- Thank you, thank you, a thousand thank you's. Our kingdom rocks.

Aurora de Portugal
Kingdom Youth Officer

801-232-2698