[Artemisia] Collegium Youth Track -- Thank You!

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 20:14:34 CST 2009

Well I did have good attendance at my classes and really enjoyed teaching
them.

But I think that the major difference was that I was standing near the sign
 up tables and heard some parents wondering if adults would be allowed in
the  "youth" classes.  I stepped in and told them that all were welcome as
long  as it didn't prevent any youth who wanted to attend but that I didn't
think that  would be a problem.  So I ended up with higher attendance and with
the 2  deep adult that was needed without going hunting.

And one teenaged student said that he wasn't going to come to a "kid class"
 but when he saw that adults were also there he thought it might be
worthwhile.  He later said it was the best class of the day.

So, maybe if we had some sort of adjustment on the signup sheet where
adults were invited to attend but maybe they had a separate area to sign up so
that we made sure that there was room for any youth to attend first if there
was  any sort of shortage in available spaces?  That way we would also have
 knowledge that we would have additional adults available for "supervision"

I also like the idea of having some of the classes taught by the teenaged
group.  Maybe we should consider having a "train the teacher" type class as
many other organizations do.  Then our more talented youth (and maybe even
some of our adults) would feel more confident in volunteering to teach.  Or
 even asking for "teachers assistants" as a sort of mentoring endeavor so
those  who would like to teach but don't know if they are capable can "get
their feet  wet" without having to jump in without knowing how deep the water
is. (g)

a couple of ideas anyway.

Loved the collegium and the classes even though I was so busy teaching that
 I didn't have a chance to take any.  But I learned something new in each
of  the classes I taught and that is the best sort of teaching experience.
Can't wait for the next one.

Constance de la Rose, OL

Barony of Loch  Salaan
Kingdom of Artemisia

"Remember, it should also be  fun"

In a message dated 11/11/2009 6:24:30 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,